Post & Stud Frame Construction
At Wizer Buildings we offer various types of building options. These range from supplying building materials, to supplying complete packages, to COMPLETE BUILDING SOLUTIONS where we supply, deliver and erect your custom designed building. All of our buildings conform to the National Building Code of Canada. To get started on YOUR new project, contact us with your plans or request a quote online.
- 2x6 or 2x8 studs placed on 16” or 24” centers depending on size of building
- 2x4 wall strapping spaced at 24”
- Posts are made with #2 or better spruce and mechanically fastened with ring shanked galvanized nails
- Pressure treated lumber (PWF) is used in all areas that come in contact with ground
- Standard 6’ burial (optional 8’ burial)
- 2x6 wall strapping spaced at 24”
- Maximum post spacing is 6’
- Trusses for every job are engineered and stamped for the location they’re used in
- We place a pole under each truss
- Poles are notched to provide a pocket for truss to sit in
- Trusses are nailed to pole & fastened with a truss tie or hanger (truss engineers don’t recommend drilling holes and bolting trusses to poles)
- 2x6 or 2x4 purlins at 24” spacing dependant on truss spacing
- Insulation type and value vary depending on the requirements for the project. Our standard ceiling insulation is R50 cellulose (fibreglass available upon request), and our walls can be insulated up to R35.
- All our insulated buildings have an air barrier installed under the metal on the exterior of the building.